Kol Yisrael 2 by Gila Gevirtz.
Characters come to life and help your students learn prayer in Kol Yisrael, the first Hebrew program that completely integrates text-based lessons with animated online learning. If your students love computer games, they'll LOVE this Hebrew program!
In the second level of the Kol Yisrael series, students learn the opening prayers in the Shabbat morning service and the Amidah. As students go on a multi-media learning adventure through the synagogue with their guides Batya and Ben, they practice their Hebrew decoding skills, explore Torah teachings, link prayer words to modern Hebrew, and learn vocabulary they can use every day! A playful superhero, Minnie Minyan, leads students on an excursion that transports them from the pages of their textbooks, onto their computers, into cyberspace, and then brings them right back again.
WITH KOL YISRAEL, STUDENTS WILL BE ABLE TO:
* Read and understand blessings and prayers. A dual focus on home observance and b'nai mitzvah prep ensures students can participate comfortably in both home-based and synagogue-based rituals.
* Experience dynamic Hebrew learning in a multi-media environment. Students move from the book to computer-based reinforcement exercises and games, then back to the text. Clues planted throughout the book motivate students to solve Hebrew puzzles online and score bonus points. Students will spend more time on practice without using up precious class time.
* Hear the prayers recited in American and Israeli accents. Interactive online audio exercises let students check their pronunciation to develop real reading fluency.
* Work from any location. If students want to practice at a different computer, or even if they lose the CD, they can download a second copy of their digital application--FREE!
* Have fun while spending more time on Hebrew. Educators tell us that when students use interactive software they want to practice their Hebrew at home, creating additional precious instructional and practice time.
Kol Yisrael 2 consists of 9 lessons:
2. Yotzer Or/Ma'ariv Aravim.
5. Mi Chamochah.
6. Avot V'imahot.
9. Birchot Shalom.
Your Hebrew classroom will never be the same now that your students can see the characters in their books come to life and help them learn prayer. Students go back and forth from textbook to online games and exercises. The fully integrated digital application will capture your students' imagination--and attention--with animated characters and Hebrew video games. Students will enjoy learning Hebrew!.
In Kol Yisrael 1 students learn key blessings and prayers to use at home, such as the Kiddush and Mah Nishtanah. In Kol Yisrael 2 students learn about community through the opening prayers in the Shabbat morning service and the Amidah. In Kol Yisrael 3 students prepare to become b'nai mitzvah with the Shabbat morning Torah service and concluding prayers. And as your students grow from 4th grade to 6th, Ben and Batya will grow with them.
Kol Yisrael offers the most up-to-date learning tools including online video games and interactive readings in which students can hear the prayers read aloud in American or Israeli accents. "Clues to Cyberspace" motivate students to use the software at home--creating additional practice time and opportunities. It's like having an in-home tutor for every child!
Grade Level: 5 - 6
Product Code: 820